May 20, 2016
October 16, 2020 (Switch Release)
Windows, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation
Unreal Engine 4
The classic dark and surreal twin-stick isometric shooter returns with a vengeance!
POSTAL Redux is a high definition remake of The Postal Dude’s infamous first foray into the world. Prepare to experience his psychological journey with faithfully recreated high resolution visuals, remastered music, sounds, and dialog, and revamped and modernized gameplay. Crazed gunmen out for your blood await you around every corner. The only choice is clear: Get them before they get you. Fight back with a devastating arsenal as you make your way through a violence-stricken town.
It’s time to relive the madness of GOING POSTAL!
- Online Co-op: Go POSTAL with up to four players! Join up with your friends to wreak carnage together.
- Online Deathmatch: Engage in free-for-all frenzies with up to eight players!
- Brand new Rampage mode: Take aim for the high score in this frantic mode that awards points for sustained kill streaks, creative methods of destruction, and blistering fast action!
- Battle through 17 levels in the classic Campaign: Beginning from your humble Home, traverse through The Mine and Trailer Park, witness the mean streets of The Ghetto and the bright lights of The City, all the way to the final standoff at the Air Force Base, including a stop at the all-new Carnival.
- Includes the original add-ons: Blast through Special Delivery’s EZ Mart, Shanty Town, Earthquake, and the luxurious La Palamino Resort, and then head to Japan in Super POSTAL’s Tokyo and Osaka! Play through everything together in the massive combined 23-level Excess Postage campaign!
- A wide range of foes: Defend yourself against gun crazy Vigilantes, trigger-happy Police Officers, trained and efficient SWAT and Military squads, the quintessential Marching Band, and angry Ostriches!
- 10 weapons of destruction: Lay waste with the mighty Shotgun and Spray Cannon, roast attackers with Molotovs and the Flamethrower, fill the streets with fire with the Napalm Launcher, clear out entire groups with Grenades and the Rocket Launcher (Heatseekers included!), lay traps for unsuspecting pursuers with varied types of Mines, and introducing the commanding Revolver!
Running With Scissors announces plans to create a modern remake of the original POSTAL. Fans are invited to submit ideas and suggestions for what they’d like to see done, with the remake.
Full development of the remake is on-hold, as RWS focuses on their development of a new expansion for POSTAL 2.
After the release of POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost, focus shifts towards POSTAL Redux and full development is underway.
POSTAL Redux is released on Steam, for Windows, on May 20.
Version 2.0 is released on August 24, adding online co-op multiplayer, among other updates.
Version 3.0 is released on September 30, bringing a new batch of levels, and multiplayer character selection, including a character who is Not Important…
Version 4.0 is released on January 1, improving the loading times and adding deathmatch multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Press & Awards
“Postal Redux Review: No Return Address“, by TechRaptor
“[..]it is easy to see that a lot of love went into this remake[..]“
“Postal Redux Review“, by The Nerd Stash
“A faithful recreation of the original[..]“
“Postal Redux Review“, by GamingShogun
“Postal Redux took a classic game and gave it a caring update that makes it even more fun than it was in the old days[..]“
Postal Redux Credits
Developed by Running With Scissors
Lead Game Design
Lead Level Design
Business & Marketing
Contributing Animation Artist
Contributing 3D Artists
Claudio Fabrizzio Trucido Yoncee
Contributing 2D Artists
Voice Acting Engineer
Fernando Rivas @ OG7 Studios
Voice Acting Producer
John ‘BroDuck’ Pichardo
Fabian ‘darth_fabar’ Wolfram
Rihards ‘The Big’ D
Emma ‘Firestarter’ Williamson
‘Gleb ‘ZeKe’ Branitskyi
Tom Looman – Support on the UE4 forums
Nicolae Berbece – Controller icons
Robert Brown at Stride PR