Author Topic: Origin and adding games.  (Read 6069 times)

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Origin and adding games.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »
If it's available on Origin as a download already, and you own the game, it's worth a try.  I managed to get Crysis and Mirrors edge added that way, two that the codes did not work right away, but many will.

Vipes

• Lizard King
  • Skywarp what are you doing, you are not a profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »
For comparison, here are some bits from UT2004 EULA: *Long snip proving Epic Games is awesome*

Yeah, and then they killed their flagship game for a crappy console game, and for Microsoft. As much as I love Epic, I'm still cross about that.

Grider54

• Sissy
  • Ein's Vi Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 04:49:42 AM »
i hate origin and games for windows live why can't all developers use steam. steams awesome while origin and games for windows live have pissed me off to many time's. Example is that I bought dead space 1 twice over the years once physical cd and once digital with steam both come with a product key and apparently according to origin games from 2008 that can be identified on origin are to old to be accepted and to be given to me my origin account. while a CD of half life 1 from the 90's with a key on the back works fine and gave me the entire half life platinum collection.  >:(

Flanagan

• Official Instigative Menstrual Cyclist of Postal 3 Independant Contracts
  • God Like
  • Glad I could help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
oh wow man then origin must be shit, its not like steam is th exact same fuckin way lol, nop u can buy a retail copy of ANY gfame on steam an just use any cd key an steam will get u th game, its urs, dont worry about it, steams got your back..

except steam is pretty shit tho, its a seriously flawed service, and there are way better suporeriour digital distrvirution services out there.

also u dont seem 2 understand how the market works u cant just have 1 service hold an entire monpoloy on an entire market, that kinda fuks things up badly, you need 2 have different choices an options, there needs 2 be competeition.

i.e. your a fucking moron glad i could help

Heitri

• Lizard King
  • Hi guys !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:11 AM »
EA's politic sucks ! But, Activision has, I think, the worst politic... for players, not for them >:(

Boko-Fox

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:27:11 AM »
so..my question would be..if u buy a game uve a license on it so what if steam for eg wouldve to close down their toilets forever wouldnt theyve to make sure that ull get copys from ur game since uve a right on it by license?

Flanagan

• Official Instigative Menstrual Cyclist of Postal 3 Independant Contracts
  • God Like
  • Glad I could help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »
so..my question would be..if u buy a game uve a license on it so what if steam for eg wouldve to close down their toilets forever wouldnt theyve to make sure that ull get copys from ur game since uve a right on it by license?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no lol what

thtats not how licences work dude, if steam goes down, u lose everythin uve bought on steam p much, u only hav the license 2 use th prodcuts on steam, while steam is in action (i havent read the actual license agreement, tho i totally should, but im p sure thats how it works).

u dont own any of the games uve bought on steam, so no, valve has no duty to make sure u get copies of everything.

Boko-Fox

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
that sux nuts tough. so guess u shoulda make some o theese "safe copys" then if uve shit on there
well at last from the stuff running without steam

sheridanm962

• Going Postal
  • Stick it in her pooper
    • View Profile
    • Shredderman's Forums
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
If that happens I assure you, millions of people are going to pirate the shit out of everything!

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
I've read somewhere..steam claims "IF" it ever goes under,or if there's a risk of servers going down..they will give warning,and patch out all "steam based drm".. which can be done now if you know where to look.. once risk of losing steam account isn't an issue (if they go under) SFW.

all that said...I feel if steam goes under,something massive has happened to the economy,and we're all fucked anyway..

Username:
Password:
Session: