Author Topic: Postal ... ftw  (Read 551 times)

Shrike

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Postal ... ftw
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
I remember when I bought the first Postal game. I was the lead tech at a Computer City. My favorite game was Syndicate at the time. At a lan party (oh yeah it was a long time ago) a friend of mine had just bought Postal. We loaded it up and I was insta-hooked. After the party I bought my own copy. It was fun, funny, and oh so destructive. It may not have had the polish of the big games but it had more spirit and it was much much more fun. Postal 2 came out and I was in heaven. It was my digital home. All the other shooters went for realism Postal again went for fun, satire, and adult humor. While I enjoy the hard core shooters Postal 2 is where I go to relax and just take out some frustrations, and it never fails, I laugh. Postal 3.... well its not for me... ya see I am the Postal Dude, and third person kills my role in the game. The movie... yeah I own it, I still laugh, good stuff.

I have sank 100's of hours  in the postal world and now again (the third time I have purchased this game, I still have the postal cereal box unopened) I have installed the steam version. Just thought I would drop in and say thanks, I get it, I understand your game and in that sense you understand me and how I enjoy gaming. I have worn out 7 postal shirts (the Postal 2 shirts were my favorites) and I love supporting you guys, going to buy a couple of signs again as I gave the others to friends that got a kick out of them. I have loved quite a few games but none as much as Postal 2, thanks again and I can only hope you build on Postal 2 for a new project in the future, till then I will just have fun in Postal 2!

grimgate

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Re: Postal ... ftw
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
Always come back to postal myself. Granted 3 was kinda eh, but I just took it as a postal style game. It does have some fun moments. Since some very fine people were able to get the drm removed, that is a nice bonus. Maybe with some luck, with there being a SDK it will get fixed up.  :)

LONEWOLFJE

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:54:38 PM »
I hear ya Shrike, been a fan for YEARS, and i don't see that changing ever, I like to support RWS when ever i can, just bought 50 bucks worth of swag that has been missing from my collection :)
The game is my guilty pleasure, stress release, and good laugh all rolled into one...for that i am thank full :).

jabbapopovvodka

• God Like
  • Guns don't kill people. SWORDS kill people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »
have you played online? it sucks. every server is some kind of amped up mod and it takes 20 minutes to download them all your first play.

Username:
Password:
Session: