Poll

Hi there... Would you like to sign my petition? (RWS developing the new Postal game)

That rocks!
69 (93.2%)
Bite me!
5 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: New Postal (RWS devs check this) [U: 07/11/12)  (Read 13812 times)

poop87

• Going Postal
  • Is awaiting his Quake 4 key. :(
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: New Postal (RWS devs check this) [U: 04/11/12)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
Have this be in it:

prawdziwy 666

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
Oh yeah, and the next Postal game should include a day where you go to the HQ of Akella to sue them.
by shotgun

Heather

• Global Moderator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
If you're taking women on dates in  a video game, you are spending too much time alone.

Zeron

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
If you're taking women on dates in  a video game, you are spending too much time alone.
Not really, I have a girlfriend and friends in real life, I don't really spend much time on games.

I kinda based on some GTA features by mistake, but hey, Akella made a bigger mistake.

sheridanm962

• Going Postal
  • Stick it in her pooper
    • View Profile
    • Shredderman's Forums
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Shotgun? Seriously?

I want to make emm Puke and whack their heads of and keep whacking and kicking.

Lather, rinse and repeat!

eukos

• Lizard King
  • Point.
    • View Profile
    • OldTimes Software
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:25 AM »
New features are nice and all but keep I wouldn't want to have it really, REALLY different from Postal 2. Of course it should be more advanced in a couple ways but adding in stuff like vehicles - girlfriends... Postal isn't really supposed to be a life simulator imo. You can't just shove in random features from other games that come to your mind. developing games also takes time folks  :P

Also, whenever you start a game off with a list of "key-features" that you want to have in a game, the project most likely fails. Planning a game works different, you have to describe the experience and not just key-features - maybe I will get into more detail later. But just one example: What's the purpose of the girlfriend? Is she just a time waster? Is she actually required in missions? Oh yeah, if you have to watch out for her health and shit that would be annoying as fuck, just like going out with her every single fucking day. Same with the vehicles: What's the point of having those? Also think about limitations

I know that these ideas have already been scrapped but you have to think about features before suggesting anything, this above was just an example   O:-)

Zeron

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »
New features are nice and all but keep I wouldn't want to have it really, REALLY different from Postal 2. Of course it should be more advanced in a couple ways but adding in stuff like vehicles - girlfriends... Postal isn't really supposed to be a life simulator imo. You can't just shove in random features from other games that come to your mind. developing games also takes time folks  :P

Also, whenever you start a game off with a list of "key-features" that you want to have in a game, the project most likely fails. Planning a game works different, you have to describe the experience and not just key-features - maybe I will get into more detail later. But just one example: What's the purpose of the girlfriend? Is she just a time waster? Is she actually required in missions? Oh yeah, if you have to watch out for her health and shit that would be annoying as fuck, just like going out with her every single fucking day. Same with the vehicles: What's the point of having those? Also think about limitations

I know that these ideas have already been scrapped but you have to think about features before suggesting anything, this above was just an example   O:-)
I put a line in front of those features so why do you even mention them?

I do want something that feels like Postal 2 but with things that could improve an already great game, yes I went a little too far with the cellphone, cars and such but the rest of the features are not bad at all and are actually rather interesting in a Postal game, you can't just have a clone of Postal 2, we have to move on with the time and make some small changes that can improve the game.

eukos

• Lizard King
  • Point.
    • View Profile
    • OldTimes Software
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
I already explained why I mentioned them.
"What are really necessary changes?" I asked myself - you also have to keep the style of the game in mind. You on one hand want the game to be Postal One-ish dark and on the other hand features were suggested that do not fit into that setting at all...
I may sound a bit harsh with this but this is how it simply works.

I would just want to have a more open world, I found it great that you could go into pretty much every house and fuck shit up. Breaking into a house was way too easy though. Would also be nice if you could grab or push humans away for either self defense or torment.
I also think that the media needs to have a bigger role in Postal. Like some really stupid news agency or people protesting because their favourite tv show got cancelled and all that shit. First world problems~

Zeron

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Having a mix between the Postal 1 darkness and Postal 2 humor is still possible with the features I mentioned.

eukos

• Lizard King
  • Point.
    • View Profile
    • OldTimes Software
Re: New Postal (RWS devs check this) [U: 05/11/12)
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
I should hope so  :D

Zeron

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
Added your ideas to the OP, really good ones.

Flanagan

• Official Instigative Menstrual Cyclist of Postal 3 Independant Contracts
  • God Like
  • Glad I could help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »
this thread is fuckin stupid lol

Hamish

• Joe Bob
  • "I regret nothing!"
    • View Profile
    • icculus.org homepage
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
Oh yeah, and the next Postal game should include a day where you go to the HQ of Akella to sue them.

Why just sue them, this is Postal! We have already established that we nuke vile publishers!

Zeron

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »
Care to explain why you are saying the thread is just like you?

Heitri

• Lizard King
  • Hi guys !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »
Care to explain why you are saying the thread is just like you?
It's just a troll guy, just, don't care about him  8)

Username:
Password:
Session: