RWS

• Administrator
  • Going Postal
    • View Profile
Aliki
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »

jabbapopovvodka

• God Like
  • Guns don't kill people. SWORDS kill people!
    • View Profile
Re: Aliki
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
Okay, my take on this postal babe... I don't like the toy AK. I understand the origins: it was a limited edition marketting campaign prop by the vodka company. But why can't Aliki wield something a little more... real? Are you trying to imply,  by virtue of the "gun" being empty, that she's an alcoholic? I don't believe that possibility has a place, even in Andy Warhol's conception of art. Art has no place in making a mockery of those who are its very progenitors, of those who are its very children. Art, if the organs crafting it have any link to the spirit motivating them, is never cynical.

Also, I don't like the post industrial ultra minimal picnic bench. It screams FABRICATED! (CAPS intended.) As if the forests themselves were raped and enjoy your gaze. I don't believe for a moment Aliki was fabricated in this sense. She's got that very "earthy" beauty which I could envision tilling the fields, and not for some abstract mechanistic overlord of an agro-conglomerate, but for her kith and kin, for Babushka and Rebyonki!

My favorite picture with Aliki is the second one, that is, where she's gazing downwards. She's got this kind of mystical quality I think that can be recognized only when it is not aware of the fact ie outside the camera's gaze.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »
Thought provoking. Looking forward to your breakdown of the rest of the babes to further stimulate my thinking about them.

LONEWOLFJE

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
Love the thong showing over the top of the jeans look...great stuff! :-*

Heather

• Global Moderator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »