Author Topic: Non-violent walkthrough?  (Read 4580 times)

FaTony

• God Like
    • View Profile
Non-violent walkthrough?
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:12 AM »
So I've just got myself P2 license from GOG and trying something different - finish the game with as little violence as possible. I've heard that you can complete the game without killing anyone however some errands are very difficult to complete this way. Btw, I'm playing on Insane-o difficulty.

Does anyone have non-violent solutions? The only non-obvious one I know is that you can trade Gary Coleman's book for Krotchy.

Morphiumkeks

• Sissy
  • read books, not descriptions.
    • View Profile
Re: Non-violent walkthrough?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 05:03:03 AM »
Havent played postal 2 yet i know i should be ashame for it. But you pretty much seem to be the only person thats wants to play it that way because i couldnt find any violent-less walkthrough guides.

Crazy_Gringo

• Sissy
  • U betta step back cuz here comes The Crazy Gringo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
The original Postal 2 you can easily pass without a murder. I did it, not once, but even at the highest level of complexity.

Ingram

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »
I think you can't finish the game whithout killing things on high difficulty levels, at least if you 're playing with AWP because, for example, on "Really Fucking Hard" EVERYONE is angry with you, and to complete the wednesday curch errand, you need to kill the priest, or he will kill you.

Crazy_Gringo

• Sissy
  • U betta step back cuz here comes The Crazy Gringo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
I think you can't finish the game whithout killing things on high difficulty levels, at least if you 're playing with AWP because, for example, on "Really Fucking Hard" EVERYONE is angry with you, and to complete the wednesday curch errand, you need to kill the priest, or he will kill you.
You can wear police uniform, and then he will not attack you.

Ingram

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
Never tried that, let's see...

FaTony

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Ok, I think I've managed to complete last 3 days without killing anyone.

You just scout for health pipes and if things get dirty, you run like hell and smoke as your health goes down. If you need money, just rob a bank on catnip.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
On share the pain i killed about a thousand people on average mode,in AWP i'm still in tuesday and i'm sure a have twice that already.

FaTony

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »
I've killed 87 people on Insane-O, but that was before I've figured out I could just run through.

The AI takes a very long time to acquire you as a target, if you know where you should be running, you can just skip most of the enemies. I've managed to run through the postal office without killing anyone and consumed 3-4 health pipes.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
There is a nice trick in the library where you can pretty much skip the entire level when it's burning by vaulting the banisters too.

FaTony

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
So I've done another playthrough on easiest difficulty in enhanced mode. Everything is zero except I somehow managed to kill 1 cat and I'm labeled PETA-hating animal murderer. Come on!

LORD MJ

• Sissy
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
    • http://lordmjproductions.yolasite.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
That would be a interesting challenge, but I can't control myself when I play P2.

I can go crazy if I bump in to someone, and then I hear "Oh, idiot!". Then it's bloodbath time! 8)

Also, I like to call Monday "Screaming-Day". Meaning that I kill anyone that screams, and I don't need to do anything for someone to start panicking.

Aero

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 07:07:41 AM »
Well, if you really want to sit through a jesus run, here you go:

PC Longplay [218] Postal 2

TwoCanChew

• STEVEO ALT
  • General Only
  • Joe Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
The game clearly states that its possible. just go against a wall at the beginning and collect 500 pipes.

yakuzaBoss

• Joe Bob
    • View Profile
    • The Italian Postal Community
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
In AW there's a level where is required to kill cows. in p2 the non-violent walkthrough is certainly possible...

Username:
Password:
Session: