Author Topic: Wii U Release  (Read 3036 times)

Yepi69

• Sissy
  • ''Fuck me, I better get home!''
    • View Profile
Wii U Release
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:06:18 AM »

Looking forward to the release of this console, anyone else interested?

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Release
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
After I heard that it's not only not going to be any better than the 360 and PS3 (power wise) but worse, I lost all interest.

I know Nintendo are more about innovation than graphical power and all that, and I know the Wii was more successful than the PS3 and 360, but with the new Playstaion and Xbox at least 1.5 years away, I can't help think Nintendo missed a trick here.  Current causal gamers will be happy with the current Wii still, and hardcore gamers would have only gone to the the Wii U if it was a more powerful system (even only a little).

I know people said this about the Wii, but I believe this will be a flop.

TheAurock

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »
After I heard that it's not only not going to be any better than the 360 and PS3 (power wise) but worse, I lost all interest.

I know Nintendo are more about innovation than graphical power and all that, and I know the Wii was more successful than the PS3 and 360, but with the new Playstaion and Xbox at least 1.5 years away, I can't help think Nintendo missed a trick here.  Current causal gamers will be happy with the current Wii still, and hardcore gamers would have only gone to the the Wii U if it was a more powerful system (even only a little).

Sony and Microsoft make only Consoles, Nintendo makes Consoles and Games! If you make 3 or 4 Games in 1 year, they obviously will have a bad graphics. And I think that the graphical Power is worst than PS3 and X360 to reduce cost of a console with another display and the cost of games. For me this will not be a flop.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
I might get it but it looks like another nintendo gimmick.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

Sony and Microsoft make only Consoles, Nintendo makes Consoles and Games! If you make 3 or 4 Games in 1 year, they obviously will have a bad graphics. And I think that the graphical Power is worst than PS3 and X360 to reduce cost of a console with another display and the cost of games. For me this will not be a flop.

Eh? Both Sony and Microsoft publish games too. Little big planet and uncharted are fantastic Sony IPs.

Grider54

• Sissy
  • Ein's Vi Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
ive already pre-ordered my console mainly for zombi U  8) and really not wanting to get a console years after its release like i did with my ps3 and 360.  :P

Vipes

• Lizard King
  • Skywarp what are you doing, you are not a profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:18:25 AM »
I'm getting the Wii U. I did not regret getting the Wii, and I have very little, if any casual games. The only "casual" games I have are the Rabbid games. Everything else is platform, FPS, Pokemon, whatever.

Own a Wii? Look into the Conduit games.

Flanagan

• Official Instigative Menstrual Cyclist of Postal 3 Independant Contracts
  • God Like
  • Glad I could help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

FlameX

• Lizard King
  • Weeaboo Faggot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
And I know the Wii was more successful than the PS3 and 360.

Vipes

• Lizard King
  • Skywarp what are you doing, you are not a profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
And I know the Wii was more successful than the PS3 and 360.

In sales, it was.

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »
Talk shit all you want.. Nintendo knew wtf they were doing.. fun games for Family.. no real competition until lately.. (now that xbox,and PSX are copying them..)

sheridanm962

• Going Postal
  • Stick it in her pooper
    • View Profile
    • Shredderman's Forums
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »
Talk shit all you want.. Nintendo knew wtf they were doing.. fun games for Family.. no real competition until lately.. (now that xbox,and PSX are copying them..)

They always have, really.

The whole copying controller designs started when PS1 had an innovation on the classic circular controller and added more support to hold onto.

Xbox had the duke controller, but then changed that with Xbox 360. Also you'll notice the button layout from Ninendo is similar to Xbox's.

They shared the whole controller factor and haven't had problems.

It's also good to point out that it mostly comes out on Advertising and properly explaining the product, which they seemed to fail for the general audience for the US commercial (the same commercial is in NZ as well). <-- Wii U

^Info from Shokio (Nintendo Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owner from YT).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:27:06 PM by sheridanm962 »

Heitri

• Lizard King
  • Hi guys !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
I bought the Wii and... graphism sucks ! I really want to change ! I'm not sure that I'm going to buy a Wii U... But I heard about a new F-Zero :-* so, if he comes out on the Wii U, I can possibly buy the Wii U.

sheridanm962

• Going Postal
  • Stick it in her pooper
    • View Profile
    • Shredderman's Forums
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
I bought the Wii and... graphism sucks ! I really want to change ! I'm not sure that I'm going to buy a Wii U... But I heard about a new F-Zero :-* so, if he comes out on the Wii U, I can possibly buy the Wii U.

The Wii U specs are as follows:

The CPU: The Wii U's IBM-made CPU is made up of three Power PC cores. We've been unable to ascertain the clock speed of the CPU (more on this later), but we know out of order execution is supported.

RAM in the final retail unit: 1GB of RAM is available to games.

GPU: The Wii U's graphics processing unit is a custom AMD 7 series GPU. Clock speed and pipelines were not disclosed, but we do know it supports DirectX 10 and shader 4 type features. We also know that eDRAM is embedded in the GPU custom chip in a similar way to the Wii.

Also they take this hardware and optimize the SHIT out of it!

So really the Wii U isn't going to be as good as a new Xbox or PS4 or whatever, but it's next gen and is only to suit those who want it. It wont run unreal 4 engine or anything and it can be beaten, the fact of the matter comes from the fact that it will be the best console for some time!

Read more here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-30-how-powerful-is-the-wii-u-really
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:59:24 AM by sheridanm962 »

Heitri

• Lizard King
  • Hi guys !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »

The Wii U specs are as follows:

The CPU: The Wii U's IBM-made CPU is made up of three Power PC cores. We've been unable to ascertain the clock speed of the CPU (more on this later), but we know out of order execution is supported.

RAM in the final retail unit: 1GB of RAM is available to games.

GPU: The Wii U's graphics processing unit is a custom AMD 7 series GPU. Clock speed and pipelines were not disclosed, but we do know it supports DirectX 10 and shader 4 type features. We also know that eDRAM is embedded in the GPU custom chip in a similar way to the Wii.

Also they take this hardware and optimize the SHIT out of it!

So really the Wii U isn't going to be as good as a new Xbox or PS4 or whatever, but it's next gen and is only to suit those who want it. It wont run unreal 4 engine or anything and it can be beaten, the fact of the matter comes from the fact that it will be the best console for some time!

Read more here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-30-how-powerful-is-the-wii-u-really

If there is no good game, I'm not going to buy it anyway :D (and the new SSB is going to be do by Namco*... those guys fucked their fight license ! What is Nintendo thinking ? I don't want a Peach-whore with huge boobs, I just want my SSB next-gen :'()

*Nintendo wil (hopefully) supervise but... no... I can't trust Namco after I saw Dark Vader kill Kilik
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:22:41 PM by Heitri »

Username:
Password:
Session: