Author Topic: What is with this  (Read 4217 times)

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
What is with this
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:48:35 PM »
I just recieve my copy of the postal 2 fudge pack int he mail today, that I had purchased. It if a physical copy. I inser the disk, install everything, and then when I try to run the postal 2.exe i get: C:\program files (x86)\Postal2STP\system\Postal2.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I am running a windows 7 home premium 64bit. I have tried doing the stupid troubleshoot compatibility crap to try and run the .exe in windows xpSP3 and nothing worked. it does with every file that the Fudge pack downloads! What gives.. I just want to play my game., and I'm really frustrated by this...

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Re: What is with this
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Ahh no sorry, I mean install.. I bought an actual copy off of the Running with scissors website :) Can anyone please help though?

*edit to state that this post was in reply to someone who said me saying "download" made it look like I torrented it*
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:23:40 PM by tre288 »

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
I'm not sure man... Postal 2 works for me and others on Win 7 64 just fine with no messing around.  Not that it should matter, but what are your system specs?

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:22:58 PM »
I'm on an I5-650 Processor,
Ati-Radeon HD5570
1tb harddrive
6 GB DDR3
and on Windows 7 home premium 64bit

=\

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
I install it, and the contents of the install are .exe's that dont run and give me that arror about it not being win32 applications

Is there a way to install it in some sort of compatibility mode or something? trying to set the exe's on compatibility mode does nothing. When the disk is in the drive, on my computer, rightclicking the drive and goig to properties doesnt yield any results on installing via compatibility mode either =\
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:12:58 PM by tre288 »

miker525

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
there is no installing to compatibility mode. You can only run the application in compatibility mode. Your best bet would be to download the game files else where (which is legal assuming you do actually own the game) and install from there. I run the game on Win7 no problem. I bought my copy through GoG though.

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
Not really sure where I'd go about getting the full "Fudge Pack" legally now. Bleh, I sort of feel like I wasted the money now. (not talking shit or giving any attitude, just kind of let down by the issue)

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
Try this.. just copy the files off the disk to a random folder (FudgePack,or whatever)..not using the installer.. I always do it this way (never uses traditional instal folders) ,and I run x64 win7... no problems any of the games,or mods.. 

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
How do i get to whats on the disk without installing it?

Sorry if im being a noob >.>

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
How do i get to whats on the disk without installing it?

Sorry if im being a noob >.>

Na,it's cool.. there's a few ways actually.. if the installer autoruns,stop it,and right click the disk from "MyComputer" ,and then explore.. it should show all the files on the disk,and then highlight all > drag,and drop.. assuming you want to install entire fudgepack..

anymore questions feel free to ask.

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:05 PM »
I copied all the files to a folder i titled postal 2

now when I try to find the postal 2.exe I go to the system subfolder, and find postal 2 in there. when I try to run it I get this:

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR). If you just started the game then delete your 'Postal2.ini' file and try again.  Otherwise check the Tech Support web site.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I have no idea...

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
I copied all the files to a folder i titled postal 2

now when I try to find the postal 2.exe I go to the system subfolder, and find postal 2 in there. when I try to run it I get this:

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR). If you just started the game then delete your 'Postal2.ini' file and try again.  Otherwise check the Tech Support web site.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I have no idea...

did you try deleting the postal2.ini? it's in same folder as postal2.exe,should be first one below it..

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
a quick google on the error,and I found this..

step one.. delete the .ini

if that fails..

step two.. update graphic card drivers..

if that fails..

step three.. reinstall directx <----most likely the issue..

this is my personal bit.. try changing resolution from .ini before starting the game..open postal2.ini with text editor. (notepad,wordpad,etc)
then find this section.

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]

change these sections to something like this..

WindowedViewportX=1116
WindowedViewportY=730
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:11:51 AM by MrDownerup »

tre288

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
I dont see a postal2.ini anywhere. I've got Postal2.int and i tried deleting that and nothing has changed.
so im not sure where I'd go to try and change those .ini settings.

I will try re-installing directx and see if I can figure out about updating my drivers

*edit: I checked my directx and im on directx 11. so I dont think there is anything to update? or anuything to update on my drivers*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:11:46 PM by tre288 »

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:42 PM »
you don't want to delete the postal2.int..

here's a default postal2.ini for ya.. http://www.resurrection-studios.net/downerup/temp/Postal2.ini

right click,and save as

Username:
Password:
Session: