Author Topic: Why are you still selling this game?  (Read 9288 times)

Digitalghost

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Why are you still selling this game?
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:00:19 AM »
I just finished postal 2 on insane-o mode, awesome game.  I was planning on buying it after I finished postal 3 (I had an old pirated copy from when I was in college i.e. broke), but after getting fucked over so bad with postal 3 (which I did pay for without reading reviews because I respected the RWS brand) I think I'll keep playing my pirated postal 2 and call it even.

If RWS is truly planning to do anything other than find new careers working for Popcap or Zynga making the next Farmville, they should save face, have some fucking pride, and stop selling or promoting this piece of shit game. Everyone who already bought it should get a free copy of postal 2 on their steam client, then people will be more likely to buy the next RWS product.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Why are you still selling this game?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:24 AM »
We all know russian postal is an abortion of a game,but hell,people (including me and my friends) love it.shit,i bought it twice,steam key and retail box,just becuase you get anal about a game dosent mean the entire fanbase will share your vendetta,and besides,rws has been trying their hardest to get postal classic and uncut and postal 2 complete on steam,and valve refuses,witch is retarded since fallout 1,2,and tactics are on GOG.com and steam,so there is no reason why postal shouldnt be on both,Good Day.

The_YongGrand

• Lizard King
  • Probably tangled it on the seat of mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »
Digitalghost: I understand the plight you are having on playing a broken game. The game is not entirely broken yet, I'd say. I still enjoyed the story and the wacky dialogues.

And telling everyone here you have a pirated Postal 2 isn't helping either.  ::)

Ingram

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »
A friend of mine bought P3, i played it yesterday night on his PC, from the start to the end. It's not that bad. I ejoyed it. I didn't notice any really annoying bug. But i prefer P2.

Duck-and-Cover

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
I just finished postal 2 on insane-o mode, awesome game.  I was planning on buying it after I finished postal 3 (I had an old pirated copy from when I was in college i.e. broke), but after getting fucked over so bad with postal 3 (which I did pay for without reading reviews because I respected the RWS brand) I think I'll keep playing my pirated postal 2 and call it even.

If RWS is truly planning to do anything other than find new careers working for Popcap or Zynga making the next Farmville, they should save face, have some fucking pride, and stop selling or promoting this piece of shit game. Everyone who already bought it should get a free copy of postal 2 on their steam client, then people will be more likely to buy the next RWS product.

Well, they're still selling it because they invested in it.  Its playable and beatable, even if its buggy.  Plus they're perfectly upfront about their feelings on the game, and they lowered the price considerably.

The bottom line is: nobody twisted your arm to buy it.  I bought it knowing full well what I was getting myself into, and even though it was disappointing I don't regret the purchase.  And don't try to justify the whole "I hated Postal 3 so now they owe me" thing just to rationalize pirating Postal 2, because that's just absurd.  They don't owe you anything.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
We have already done what you suggested kinda, Valve will not let us put Postal 2 on Steam but we are happy to give a Desura Postal 2 and AW key to anyone that can show they own Postal 3 and frequents these forums. Even though the sad truth is if you bought Postal 3 directly from Steam RWS is unlikely to see a penny of that. The Russians really hurt us and the fans.

stein411

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »
You know what?  This post made me go buy Postal 2 and Apocalypse Weekend.

Keep on rockin the balls RWS.  I hope you get some traction with the russian guys and can get an SDK out and improve what can be improved with P3.  In the meantime I'll be thinking of you while playin' P2 and having a blast!

xroft.ru

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
and improve what can be improved with P3
but 99% that engine bugs won't be fixed because akella don't give sources of engine to rws.
question to Toploader:
if Akella give source code of engine to RWS, whether your company's programmers is ready to make fixes for engine?

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
Yeah, something would be arranged for sure, at the very least to try and make the game stable. Also I think you'd be surprised how much of the crashing ect could be stopped without writing a single line of code.

Ingram

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »
I only saw P3 crash one time and i played it a lot.

Duck-and-Cover

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »
it probably crashed on me 5 or 6 times out of the 11 hours I played it.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »
THANK YOU GUYS FOR RESHIPPING MY ORDER,I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE,and i have a decent framerate,p3 just crashed like every 10 minutes.

TooDrunk

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »
If i buy postal 3 who gets the money ??

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
if you buy it on steam akella and valve split the cash and rws gets a go fuck yourself,might as well buy it directly from rws,cheaper/supports the company and they actually get paid.

TooDrunk

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
Ahhh okay well i will buy another copy of postal 2 instead

Username:
Password:
Session: