Author Topic: Postal 2 HUD changes  (Read 2076 times)

homiJ15

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Postal 2 HUD changes
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
If you could redo/change/modify the HUD in Postal 2, how would you make it? ex. where the health would be, what it would look like, etc...

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
Re: Postal 2 HUD changes
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
it's all done by scripting..if you know basic scripting then cool,you're on your way,if not I suggest you find some unrealscript tuts,and learn the basics before trying.. 

MP you have to mask them,other words cover the old ones with bigger ones.. security stuff..

in SP you can replace about anything you want.. look for script such as P2HUD,HUD,etc.. use caution tho..backup,etc..

edit.. oh,in some instances you can just replace textures being used,but this will make MP fail,so once again use caution..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:42:12 PM by MrDownerup »

homiJ15

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips but that wasn't my question.  :)

I'm not asking HOW to create a HUD, I'm asking how you, the fans, would want the HUD to look like in Postal 2 cuz even though I love the game, the weapon/inventory selection sucks.

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »
oh,sry..  :-[ misunderstood.. I love the default ones.. so I have no opinion there..

homiJ15

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
np dude, if I was asking how to change the HUD, you would have been the boss  ;)

but if anybody else has any ideas/suggestions/anything else to do with the HUD, throw it in

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
When playing MP I always wished for a hud that better showed what weapons I had in my inventory, something kinda like half life 2 would have worked well. Surprised it's something we didn't look more into back in the day in fact.

homiJ15

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
Haha, I was thinkin about how the HL2 weapon select was beastly

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »
 a hl2 hud mod for postal 2 would be epic,and so would a camera mod so the same third person view from postal 3 could be incorporated in postal 2,that would be kickass!

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »
We nearly had such a thing, it was in an early build of the 1409X patch, the admins could set the view ect.  I worked kinda well although the aiming was never perfect, but sadly it broke some other features so we ended up removing it entirely.

Username:
Password:
Session: