Author Topic: I am looking to contact anyone from RWS about the Postal series  (Read 2036 times)

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
First off, I have played all Postal games and sadly enough have seen the movie (recently beat Postal 3). I'm just wishing to give feedback and ask questions about the Postal series. I would like to contact anyone from RWS, please help me. I'll make you guys a nice picture if I have to...

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: I am looking to contact anyone from RWS about the Postal series
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Well, we read the forums, so go ahead.

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
Well, the first thing is a question I asked myself when I first booted up Postal 3, "Why the source engine?" Postal 2 was in the unreal engine, why not follow up with it?

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »
while awaiting official response..I'm assuming cost..postal 3 started before the entire UDK thingy.. and unreal tech cost more to license,over source..

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »
Unreal engine was around 1 million to license at the time, source was half that. So yeah, down to cost.

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
Ok, makes sense. Also where is the muptiplayer? It was good in Postal 2, why not include it in the the third game?

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
The Russian Publisher and developer ran out of money and cut it right at the 11th hour.  It's why I'm still credited in it's design during the final credits but it's not there, even at the point they were making the credit movie they still thought the MP would make it.

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:51:33 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions. I just have some feedback on Postal 3 if you don't mind....

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »
First off, I thought tue game was too short and also kinda too linear. I did like the game alot thought, it's just it isn't like Postal 2 where anything can happen just getting to a mission area. I like those censor bars, and the jokes in the game, "didn't know Valve had shaders for that..." With the cast of characters you can't go wrong, I had so much fun playing through. I just wish there was more put it.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
i am a die hard postal fan boy,and own the movie and all of the games,but i have to agree Russian Postal was very weak compared to the rest of the series,do i see a 4th game,no,but a remake of the first one or a reboot would not be a bad idea

mistur_cheef

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
I have another question, I loaded all the models into garrysmod and the props work but the ragdolls for characters are weird textures such as blue, missing face textures which is all one color and even Dude is weird. What is wrong?

miker525

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
is there any possibility at all of multiplayer being released? From RWS instead of from the trash publisher? If not is there any possibility of the SDK coming out so we can make multiplayer mod style?

Username:
Password:
Session: