Author Topic: Player/NPC seperate weapons sounds?  (Read 1002 times)

JD_Method

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Player/NPC seperate weapons sounds?
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
I knocked up some new weapon sounds but in game the gun fights are absolutely ear-shattering because the volume of the enemies' guns don't seem to scale with distance for some reason.

I'm trying to revert NPC gun sounds back to the default sounds while keeping my new ones for the player. I've been playing around with the "single_shot" and "single_shot_npc" lines in the individual weapon scripts and I've been playing with the game_sounds_weapons_p3 script and I've got something that, in theory, should make the NPCs use the default sounds, but it doesn't seem to work.

What I reckon is going on is that NPC guns use both the "single_shot_npc" AND "single_shot" sounds for their gun fire. When I comment out "single_shot" I have no sounds for my gun, but the NPCs have the default sounds, where as if I comment out "single_shot_npc", both the player and NPCs use my new sounds.

So, does anyone know of any possible solution which has only me, the player, using my new sounds and the NPCs using the default sounds?

Username:
Password:
Session: