Author Topic: Postal 2's ingame news page for MP  (Read 1672 times)

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Postal 2's ingame news page for MP
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
We have been really bad at using this for anything, I just checked it to update it with the forum information and realised I had news on there from over 2 years ago that was mostly outdated.

Anyway, if you wanted us to post any news to it (about your mods, new servers, maybe a league events ect) let me know and I'll stick it up there. We can't add pictures but we can add links.

Steveo Fantastico

• Sissy
  • Another Postal Fan!
    • View Profile
Re: Postal 2's ingame news page for MP
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »
Put your name on it. jk.

crowlly

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
I have a small problem with Postal 2 Share the Pain. when I try to connect to another server I have updated the map and in a few seconds says "JOINING". And so it is a very long time, but after writing it was not possible to connect to the server. I turned out like that connect with the server, but later ceased to be connected. Please give me a moment of attention and respond to my question.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
That is a common problem but it's normally a problem with the server itself, not you.  Have you tried to join other servers or just one?

xroft.ru

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:00 AM »
Postal 2 MP is a laggy shit.... How many servers are running worldwide? 3? 5? 7? Nobody want to play P2 MP  >:(

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
Postal 2 MP is a laggy shit.... How many servers are running worldwide? 3? 5? 7? Nobody want to play P2 MP  >:(

You're quite wrong, actually.

It's down to about 10 servers now but for quite a while there was a good 20-30 servers running and up to 100 players online at any one time, and being a cult game that's over 7 years old it's had a very good run, even when you compare it to many other higher profile games that came out around the same time on the same engine.

The amount of mods and maps available for it is incredible, and comparable to a game like Unreal 2004.  Download just the 1409X patch and it's already the most configurable online FPS game there has ever been. Things have slowed down in this area, but thanks to a handful of Russian modders there is still new content for MP coming.

It does not handle to well at higher pings (much like Unreal 99 didn't, this uses the same net code) but it's perfectly playable if you find a local server.  Despite that, there are many players that have been playing this game for many years.  Up until about 2 years ago there was even enough players and clans to run a yearly league for Snatch (CTF), and on top of that there are many that only play DeathMatch.

Freed

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:29:18 AM »

If you are from akella, fuck you.

Seriously.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:03:43 AM »
Sure,it can be laggy as hell,but that's mostly due to internet connection,if you fins a server with a ping under 150 you can play just fine.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:32 AM »

Seriously.

He's not, but I have no idea why he'd wanna use that avatar.

Kenneloth

• Joe Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »

Seriously.

/agree on that! :D

Username:
Password:
Session: