Author Topic: Could Uwe Boll’s Next Film be POSTAL 2?  (Read 3077 times)

RWS

• Administrator
  • Going Postal
    • View Profile
Could Uwe Boll’s Next Film be POSTAL 2?
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »
Could Uwe Boll’s Next Film be POSTAL 2?

You may have heard or may not even be aware there was actually a POSTAL movie released way back in 2007. It has a little bit of everything you would ever want to see in a movie. Naturally action packed as you would expect a POSTAL movie to be, it has hoards of outraged citizens waving weapons and shooting off guns of various calibers, some far more deadly than others, charging headlong after the innocent Postal Dude who at first is simply trying to escape. Male and female, young and old, torn and dismembered bodies are everywhere. Many of the bodies oozing rivers of dark red blood from gaping wounds and stacked up like cordwood are those of sweet little babies and tiny children which goes to even further demonize the Postal Dude in the eyes of the townspeople. Death and destruction rain down on the town of Paradise, Arizona and everywhere you look, towel wrapped terrorists are streaming out of the woodwork like swarming rats. With everyone out for his blood, the Dude has no chance to clear himself or explain his good intentions. With all the running, screaming, shooting, bombing and terrorist invasion, its hard to believe it’s actually a comedy and quite a good one at that. It also has some realistic fights and just to lighten things up a bit, some very convincing sex scenes with some babes so gorgeous they would blow your mind. The Dudes wife is also a talented babe you really must see. With some quite believable political incorrectness thrown in for added interest, POSTAL is a very likeable and entertaining comedy. Since it has been a few years since its release date, the movie may now be a bit difficult to find for sale at any of the normal outlets. If you haven’t seen POSTAL and want desperately to see it, you may wish to hit up eBay or Amazon to see if there are any copies floating around. As a special tip I will tell you, while acting out a scene as himself at one point in the movie, Vince Desi’s personality and fighting spirit really shines through. This film was written and directed by Uwe Boll. Many of you may have heard of Uwe Boll at least once or twice before as he is fairly famous for making critically panned movies. His movies sometimes even have big name stars in them including: well known English tough guy Jason Statham, very popular Canadian film and television star Zack Ward, American actor and stuntman Verne Troyer best known as Mini-Me in Austin Powers, the previously mentioned Vince Desi of Running With Scissors and of course we must not forget Krotchy and Champ. POSTAL was one of Uwe Bolls most popular films and continues to hold its own. Approximately 50% of all movies Uwe Boll signs at conventions are POSTAL.

Uwe Boll recently launched a Kickstarter in an attempt to raise funds to make POSTAL 2. Since POSTAL, the first movie, was already based somewhat loosely around the POSTAL 2 and 3 games, it will be interesting to see where he plans to take the movie POSTAL 2. With shining stars like Postal Dude, Krotchy and Champ, the potential is definitely there to make it a fun and entertaining movie and one more than just POSTAL gamers and fans would want to watch and enjoy.

From the Kickstarter :
"POSTAL 2 will be a controversial comedy in which we take up current political issues. We take the biggest scandals of our democracy, like the happenings about Julien [sic] Assange and Edward Snowdon [sic] and show that there is no difference between our democracy and the prison camps in Russia or China. We show that through this massive monitoring our communication data is not safe anymore! We want to make a movie which is totally uncensored, pointed against everything and everybody, against every political party and every religion. There will be no survivors."

Uwe Boll's Kickstarter is trying to bring in $500,000 USD before Sunday Oct 27, 2013. As with all Kickstarters there are various backer levels, the more you are willing to give to the Kickstarter the more rewards you get. For backing as low as $25, you get a digital copy of the movie before it is available to the public. For $75 you receive a physical DVD copy as well as all the previous tier rewards. Fork out $500 and you can become an extra. $7500 lands you a real speaking role! There are other rewards tiers as well and some of them only have a limited number of slots available. If you are interested at all in what those slots have to offer, you should probably back sooner rather than later so you don’t miss out. The nice thing about Kickstarter is that it doesn't take you money until after the Kickstarter is successful. If the Kickstarter fails your transaction switches from pending to cancelled so you don't even need to wait for a refund... you never actually gave the money out in the first place.

We here at Running With Scissors wish Uwe Boll well for his Kickstarter and plan to watch his results with interest. If you already knew about the Kickstarter and read this post hoping to hear juicy details about the upcoming movie, we are sorry to inform you that you won't find any here. We don't know anything more than what you already know. In fact let us know if you find out something we don’t know. Uwe Boll is fielding questions for those that back the project so if you want more information, toss the project at least a dollar and ask away. You never know, if 500,000 generous people all pitch in $1 we may all get to see POSTAL 2.

To track the progress of how much has been pledged or how much is still needed to be pledged towards the making of the POSTAL 2 movie and the different levels and swag distributed for pledges, I have included a handy widget below:

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Could Uwe Boll’s Next Film be POSTAL 2?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »
That reminds me, POSTAL 2 is 75% off on Steam. Now with trading cards!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223470/?snr=1_7_15__13

T. Dude, Jr

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
I don't want to see this succeed. Boll's Postal adaption was fine, but still, it doesn't need a sequel, nor is it what a film based off of Postal should be like. I do want to see another Postal film though, but one that's dark and bleak with some comedy sprinkled in here and there. NOT a live-action South Park. Of course, this is all my opinion :)

LONEWOLFJE

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »
If you check out the kickstarter page, they have added several new option packages at the 10,000 + level, lol :)

jabbapopovvodka

• God Like
  • Guns don't kill people. SWORDS kill people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »
Postal 2: RustyNail's Revenge.

VinceDesi

• Joe Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:46 AM »
for all those who love to hate and hate to love, give peace a chance and let this man do his thing.  I don't agree with Uwe all the time but he has always respected RWS and our right to make POSTAL, and I feel the same way about him and his work.

our forums have been a super vehicle for jerking off and thats fine, my monitor is load proof so jerk away, but remember without folks like Uwe who actually put up the world would not be as free nor as fun

Give and let live
V

LONEWOLFJE

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Well said Vince :)

makaikishi

• Lizard King
  • Skull-faced Sadist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
for all those who love to hate and hate to love, give peace a chance and let this man do his thing.  I don't agree with Uwe all the time but he has always respected RWS and our right to make POSTAL, and I feel the same way about him and his work.

our forums have been a super vehicle for jerking off and thats fine, my monitor is load proof so jerk away, but remember without folks like Uwe who actually put up the world would not be as free nor as fun

Give and let live
V

Somehow, "jerk away" sounds awkward...but it'll be interesting how POSTAL 2:The Movie turns out.  Hopefully, it will be as dark as the first POSTAL game.

Username:
Password:
Session: