Author Topic: Some achievements not working.  (Read 1686 times)

Fear57

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Some achievements not working.
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:34 AM »
After completing it and mindlessly killing for a few hours in free roam (which I love) I noticed that a lot of the STEAM achievements are not working. Here is the list that are not working for me.

Champ Whisperer - 50 kills using dog.

Entomologist - 50 kills using bees.

Mega-Sadist - 200 injured or death-crawling victims NOT finished off. (Another thing about this is that I can't find any way to even get someone to death crawl.)

Real American - Kill/Incapacitate 235 terrorists. (The current bar says 1/235 and that only counted for killing Obama, oops I mean Osama.)

Kavorkian - Euthanize 30 elderly folks.

Fail Zombie - Respawn 20 times. (Again only says 1/20.)

If these have already been brought up I apologize, but I would like to know if these can be fixed.

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Some achievements not working.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
i couldn't get do not push the button to work either,even though my friend did,the game is just a buggy mess that could have been much better.

Fear57

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
Indeed, I bought the Box copy back in November and installed in December and it wasn't unlocked in the STEAM store so I couldn't even play it until the middle of January, which then wouldn't even give achievements because they were not done yet so I had to wait until March before I could unlock some. Come to find out there is nothing in the Box copy but two discs that are the same thing, they both just install the files from STEAM and it has a key. I paid ten more dollars to get a box? There's nothing on the discs! Please tell me I'm missing something, it said "Director's Cut" and it's the same as the regular. Anyway to get the button one you just have to push it. The ones that are working for me are:

Camelback - Piss 100 gallons of urine. (UNLOCKED)

NEUROSURGEON - 100 headshot/decap kills. (UNLOCKED)

Emo - Injure yourself. (UNLOCKED)

Wolverines R Ghey - 50 badgersaw kills. (UNLOCKED)

DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON! - Disobey orders, given to you, see what happens. (UNLOCKED)

The Choice Was Yours! - Choose a path for the first time. (UNLOCKED)

COMMIES GO HOME! - Make Venezuela peacemakers go home. (UNLOCKED)

Sayanara, Tree Huggers - Arrest eco zealots leader. (UNLOCKED)

All Perps Must Die! - Take out all the criminal scum infesting Catharsis. (UNLOCKED)

Special Olympian - Beat the game once. No restrictions apply. Everyone's a winner. (UNLOCKED)

Cat Wrangler - 50 kills using cats. (13/50)

Arsonist - 150 kills using fire. (75/150)

Danny Trejo - 100 kills using machete in melee. (50/100)

Psycho Dundee - 50 kills using boomerang machete. (29/50)

Sucktastic! - Suck up 500 items with the shop vac. (378/500)

DON'T TAZE ME BRO! - Taze 200 victims. (134/200)

T.J. Hooker - Arrest 200 perps. (125/200)

SCHWARZENEGGER - 200 kills using M-60. (168/200)

Jack Thompson was right - Kill 1000 unarmed bystanders. (365/1000)

Product recall - Destroy 50 cars. (19/50)

Property damage - Smash 50 windows. (9/50)

There is no spoon - Spend 900 seconds or more in catnip bullet time. (237/900)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:38:15 AM by Fear57 »

SlimDurst

• God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
i did push the button,and i feel like a dumbass,my internet is slow as fuck (average download speed 20kbps) and it would take an insane amount of time to redownload postal 3 since i bought a steam-key annd installed it before i moved when i had a good isp,then steam fucked up and im still redownloading my games,and to save time i bought a retail box to install the game,but if they did pull an "orange box" (give almost blank discs with the link to download the games),that would suck,oh well,its a collectors item and i wanted it for my collection,if only rws would ship my order...

Fear57

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »
I average anywhere from 18 - 50 Mbps. Yeah, I was ticked when I checked the discs, they don't speed up the download at all it just connects you to STEAM and the download begins. I hope I'm missing something because it makes no sense at all to give two discs when both are the exact same.

rubregg

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
Fail Zombie - worked for me; afaik you have to die and wait for the map to reload to make it count

I Am The Law - did not unlock even though I never fell off the good path; I had lost some good karma though so I'm wondering if you need 100% good karma for this one.

Personal Jesus - does anyone know if you are allowed to kill the badgersaw guy at the Cashmart mission (good path)? There's no indication on the HUD that he's a boss, but Taser or Pepperspray don't seem to work on him.

Username:
Password:
Session: