Author Topic: PC Gamer reviews Postal III!  (Read 4386 times)

VinceDesi

• Joe Bob
    • View Profile
Re: PC Gamer reviews Postal III!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
PC Gamer is a fuckin rag not worth wiping your ass with, that said we and Akella could have done a much better job.  the main problem was they took ideas from our design and then made what they could, i never thought they would release it when they did.

ExtremeSwat

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:24 PM »
PC Gamer is a fuckin rag not worth wiping your ass with, that said we and Akella could have done a much better job.  the main problem was they took ideas from our design and then made what they could, i never thought they would release it when they did.
I really respect PC gamer for what they do,but sometimes they act like retarded fucks(like Jon Blyth the guy who reviewed the game).
Postal III is a decent game,and they overreact,i had a lot of fun playing it despite the annoing bugs.And i still do it.

Duck-and-Cover

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »
I haven't really read PC Gamer since way back when.  I had a few issues from '97, including one with the original Postal review.  I never, ever based what I play on reviews- from anyone.  I always go into a game with the intention of drawing my own conclusions, whether they coincide with other people's opinions or not.

And even though I wasn't 100% satisfied with P3, I can still appreciate what RWS was trying to accomplish and don't regret my purchase one bit.  And I will definitely buy whatever you guys put out next  :)

ExtremeSwat

• Lizard King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »
I haven't really read PC Gamer since way back when.  I had a few issues from '97, including one with the original Postal review.  I never, ever based what I play on reviews- from anyone.  I always go into a game with the intention of drawing my own conclusions, whether they coincide with other people's opinions or not.

And even though I wasn't 100% satisfied with P3, I can still appreciate what RWS was trying to accomplish and don't regret my purchase one bit.  And I will definitely buy whatever you guys put out next  :)
I agree.I'll support each thing you guys release.
Also ,thanks Vince for forwarding my mail few months ago  :) and helping me.

Kenneloth

• Joe Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
I really respect PC gamer for what they do,but sometimes they act like retarded fucks(like Jon Blyth the guy who reviewed the game).
Postal III is a decent game,and they overreact,i had a lot of fun playing it despite the annoing bugs.And i still do it.

/agree :)

Only think I really hate it the freaking DRM.

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

I didn't play Postal3 because it doesn't have a Linux client, but it's not just PC Gamer, they all seems to agree that this game failed to deliver with the average score of 30.36% : http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/928760-postal-iii/index.html

I never understood why you gave the job of developing a game to external company.
If you want to do it right, do it yourselves.

And please make a Linux port in your next game.

P.S
You can use Kickstarter to gather funds (but don't make remakes of Postal1/2, we already played them).

Thanks
Maxim.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »

I didn't play Postal3 because it doesn't have a Linux client, but it's not just PC Gamer, they all seems to agree that this game failed to deliver with the average score of 30.36% : http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/928760-postal-iii/index.html

Better than meta critic where Russian Postal comes in at 24%!

I never understood why you gave the job of developing a game to external company.

They had the millions to make the game and wanted to, we didn't. It was a mistake, but it started off so well because Akella decided they could do a better job with design than the one they were given. It won't happen again, a hard 5 year long lesson was learned.

P.S
You can use Kickstarter to gather funds (but don't make remakes of Postal1/2, we already played them).

Postal 2 and 3 took millions of dollars to make, there is no way in hell that kinda money would be raised via Kick Starter. A Postal 1 remake which would need a lot less, possibly.

MrDownerup

• RWSBob
  • Administrator
  • God Like
  • Also? I can kill you with my brain.
    • View Profile
    • RWS
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »

They had the millions to make the game and wanted to, we didn't. It was a mistake, but it started off so well because Akella decided they could do a better job with design than the one they were given. It won't happen again, a hard 5 year long lesson was learned.

P.S

Postal 2 and 3 took millions of dollars to make, there is no way in hell that kinda money would be raised via Kick Starter. A Postal 1 remake which would need a lot less, possibly.

well..I have actually argued this..a game could be made in postal 1 style (asymmetric) without being a remake.. it's always a good idea to consider all possibilities..hell.. a side scroller even.. postal has done every camera angle but.. :P  (sorta joking) but I do love the new gen side scrollers..

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
Remake of P1 first methinks (because original P1 is just unplayable now lets face it, it's aged horribly) but yeah after that who knows? I'd love to make a Postal side scroller. Chances are it will be a reboot rather than a remake, so in the same theme, with similar levels, but not like all the NPC's will be exactly the same.

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »

P.S

I feared you would say that...
Look at the the Larry1 remake : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again?ref=live
It did get  $350,000 by now, and might reach his goal of $500,000, but thats just that game we played 20 years ago with a better graphics, nothing original.

But when you look on the sequels, they raise much more funds...
like Shadowrun Returns(which I've donated too) , over 1Million bucks : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns
Or Wastelands 2 (also donated) which a sequel to a 20 year old game, but a sequel NOT a remake, over 2.6Million  : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

So while Postal1 remake will cost much less, not many people would be interested in it.
Make some Original Postal game (and you can use open source engine and tools which won't cost you a penny).
And include Linux and MacOS support this time.

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:38 AM »
Maybe, but Postal is not Larry, or Wasteland, and defo not a double fine adventure, it's not really a kickstarter suited project no matter how you spin it.  I personally think a Postal 1 'reloaded' pitch would do much better than a new Postal game pitch would do, largely due to the damage that the Russian Postal game as done to the brand.  And even if it was a new Postal game, it would have to be something rather simple like Postal 1.  Even a game to Postal 2's standards would take more than the money the double fine adventure raised to produce and publish.

Kickstarters are great for little indie projects and I love the concept (put in $100 bucks to double fine, and also $50 to Larry). As you pointed out, even the Larry project is struggling a little and that game was iconic.  Postal has always had a very cult fanbase and I don't see massive amounts coming from a kickstarter. It maybe tired at some point but it will be a last ditch attempt at funding.

Username:
Password:
Session: