Author Topic: Postal3 For Linux ? No ?! so why...  (Read 1843 times)

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
Postal3 For Linux ? No ?! so why...
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Hello

I know that due to your decision on using the Source engine, Postal3 is not available for Linux and MacOS, BUT for some reason you wrote that we can buy the box edition of Postal3 for all 3 platforms here :
 http://runningwithscissors.com/main/index.php?PHPSESSID=5b96e722f34dd0a24d9866b27497b835&topic=7.0

POSTAL III Collector's Edition- $40.00
PC ONLY, REQUIRES A STEAM ACCOUNT TO ACTIVATE
This is a 3-way disk for PC, MAC and LINUX!

Confusing...

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Postal3 For Linux ? No ?! so why...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
This was a mistake, thanks for the heads up.

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
This was a mistake, thanks for the heads up.

No problem.
Shame we'll have to wait another 10 years for RWS to make a Postal game with Linux client :(
Posta2 was great....
A year ago I bought the 10th anniversary collectors edition to support you guys....even trough I pirated Postal2 several years ago (I had no income back then... ;) ).

Is there ANY real chance for a Linux port of Postal3 ? what Ryan Gordon says ?

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
No chance, but to be honest, it's fucking terrible and you are not missing anything. Also the game is very unstable on Windows as it is, I'm sure even the best Linux port would end up worse due to what a mess it is already.

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
No chance, but to be honest, it's fucking terrible and you are not missing anything. Also the game is very unstable on Windows as it is, I'm sure even the best Linux port would end up worse due to what a mess it is already.

Tell me, are you working at RWS ?
Because saying that just might get you fired ;)

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
I work for RWS yes, and it's an honor to work for a company that allows me to speak mind openly on mistakes made such as Postal 3 Russian Postal.  They all know how I feel, I can't speak for the entire company publicly but that will come, in time.

MaximB

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 12:46:32 AM »
I work for RWS yes, and it's an honor to work for a company that allows me to speak mind openly on mistakes made such as Postal 3 Russian Postal.  They all know how I feel, I can't speak for the entire company publicly but that will come, in time.

Nice....I always respected that in RWS...they don't give a shit about nothing ;)

BTW What are you guys doing at RWS ? the development was done be the Russian Company, so you had much less work, and now that the game is finished...what are you all doing there at RWS ?

Username:
Password:
Session: