Author Topic: MAC Support  (Read 1645 times)

WolfyAU82

• Sissy
    • View Profile
MAC Support
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »
I purchased a copy of Postal 3 via Steam (for 39.95 USD).  I use a Mac and I have Windows XP Professional running via VM Ware Fusion (for when I have to use Windows).  Having paid for a copy on Steam of Postal 3 and finding it does not work because the activation program through this error at you...

An attempt to use a virtual PC has been detected. Please close all PC emulators and try again.
If the error recurs, press "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

Three questions with regard to this problem...

Is there going to be a MAC-Native version?
(if so) Will you be releasing the MAC version via Steam so those who have previously purchased it can simply download it when comes available?
(otherwise) Is there any possible means of accommodating users running the game via virtual machine?

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: MAC Support
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »
There was supposed to be a native Mac version and it's not been 100% ruled out yet, although it's looking less likely by the week.  We can only hope and pray the Russians get their act together.  I'm pretty sure should it ever come about, it will use Steam play.

The DRM stops it running on a Virtual machine eh? That's lame.  I guess boot camp might be the only option for now (which, in fairness, would probably give you way better performance, and the game in places needs as much as it can get...)

Sorry the news is no better.

Username:
Password:
Session: