Author Topic: Postal 2 complete for Mac technical problems render it unplayable  (Read 3833 times)

Toploader

• Administrator
  • God Like
    • View Profile
Re: Postal 2 complete for Mac technical problems render it unplayable
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 09:13:16 AM »
Okay, try this for now:

Open Postal2.ini which should be located here:

$HOME/Library/Application Support/Postal 2/System/Postal2.ini, look for the [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] section, and change "UseStencil=True" to False, then the problem should go away. Hopefully.

williamus

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
Hi,
I am having the exact same problem with the same model of macbook pro (13'' 2011 core i5 4gb ram).
I tried your trick but it didn't work.

Only the background (sky) and some objects (like some windows, signs and the dog's shed) are displayed. But when I change some settings in the menus, like for example, change to window instead of fullscreen, then the entire world displays properly for only one frame.

Hope this helps you solve the problem.

bobmcbobinstine

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 05:01:54 AM »
I recently bought Postal 2 complete and I have the same problem as mentioned. I tried to use the "Stencils=False" fix but it had no effect.

My computer is a Mac Book Pro running on 1.6.8
the model is 13 inch from late 2011
I have a dual core, Intel i5 2.3 GHz processor
4 GB of Memory
and Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card.

I hope this helps you because my friends sing praises of Postal 2 and it does in fact look very fun so, I wish you good fortune in sorting out the error.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:04:58 AM by bobmcbobinstine »

Mr. Bored Fucker

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
I also bought Postal 2 complete on steam, have the same issue where I only see the sky and some background objects. The "UseStencils=False" did not work for me also. I have the exact same computer as bobmcbobinstine.
I know it has been awhile since you have posted the fix, but I would really appreciate it if I could get a fix.

unixfan2001

• Sissy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
Slightly off-topic. But since the lack of achievements and the fact that I couldn't tab out of the game or play the audio through my TV (HDMI audio doesn't work on the Mac build, for some reason) really bugged me, I have now switched to the Windows version using Wineskin.

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to write a guide.

It's not too complicated and you're essentially trading graphical fidelity (the resulting "port" won't have reflections, so mirrors are basically brick walls mounted to other brick walls) and performance (it's considerably slower, but still playable. I'd say, 30-45 FPS) for feature parity (achievements -- though no Steam overlay* -- HDMI audio, etc).

Existing save games can be imported too, as long as they're from the base game and not AW.

*I currently research patching imm32.dll for this

Username:
Password:
Session: