Steam Workshop has Launched
With the Easter update now settling in to the dust, it is time to unleash our latest endeavor… another massive update! Perhaps the largest and most exciting we have ever done and with it comes a much requested feature…Steam Workshop!
That’s right! Steam Workshop support has been fully implemented! Use the POSTed Development Kit to design and upload your Workshop items and then play them with the new Workshop browser in POSTAL 2 Complete. Accessing the POSTed Development Kit Tool is very easy. All you need to do to access the POSTed Development Kit is simply just go to your Steam Library, Click Tools and find it in the list. As a bonus it has its own self-contained installation of POSTAL 2 so you don’t even need to worry about breaking your own base game installation. RWS has even provided you with a testing map so you can easily test all your creations. Who knows, maybe you will make something so famous or so infinitely great we might have to bring you in to our team to take advantage of such superior workmanship. If that isn’t enough motivation to get you cracking on quality Workshop items we just don’t know what is. Perhaps for years you have thought that POSTAL 2 could use a little touch of something even more rare and unusual, maybe it's something that you think is so great or so awesome that you just don’t understand why we never added it ourselves. The explanation could be because we have just never thought of it or it could be that your idea is so strange and bizarre that even trying to comprehend it gives us nightmares. Maybe you thought it wasn’t worth your effort to make your POSTAL 2 mod or item. You may have thought after you were finished you painstaking work it would just get relegated to a random mod hosting site and chances were it would just get lost and forgotten in a cumbersome index. Well thanks to Workshop, your ideas will now get centralized which leads to more exposure and easier access. You will get a one-stop shop for feedback from other Steam users in the form of ratings, favorites and comments in general. You won’t need to bounce between sites just to see how your mod is being reviewed. You also only need to worry about updating at one place if you decide to update your mod with fixes or new features. Steam Workshop really streamlines the process nicely so what are you waiting for, get started today!
If you are not creative enough to make your own Workshop items don’t worry about it. In time there will be plenty of user generated content for you to download and enjoy. It’s very simple to use too. In the Steam client when you click on POSTAL 2 you will see a link to the Workshop. Click Browse Workshop and you will be taken to Workshop’s front page. Look through all the available items and if one catches your eye seek medical attention because that sounds painful and wasn’t supposed to happen. Once you are healed, click on the ones you find interesting and read more about them. If you still think it sounds great, push the subscribe button and they will download into POSTAL 2 for you to use them.
Steam workshop isn’t just limited to adding a hat here, a new weapon there. You can actually download user made expansion packs and brand new features. Of course none of these features or expansions are officially supported so if you are experiencing bugs while playing it, drop the mod creator a note letting them know what is wrong. The mod creator will likely welcome your feedback and do their magic to make it work the best they can.
I guess it's pretty obvious and you can tell by this post so far that RWS is really excited about the Workshop feature. We are really looking forward to everything wildly imaginable that our fans will create. Even more exciting news is that Workshop is not all that has been added in this new massive update! There are some secret weapons and other fantastic and fun things too. For more information check out the patch log below! 1413-1415 Change Log
POSTAL 2 Complete: General
* Steam Workshop support has been fully implemented! Use the POSTed Development Kit to design and upload your Workshop items, and then play them with the new Workshop browser in POSTAL 2 Complete. For more information on how to design, upload, and play custom content, see our Steam guides.
* New secret weapons await those who seek them out.
* End-of-game statistics now display the game mode, difficulty, and any Workshop mods you used.
* Bystanders waiting in queue lines with no operator will eventually get bored and leave.
* Resolved an issue where a pawn's mouth would continue to move indefinitely.
* Resolved an issue where some pawns would not notice the Dude's presence.
* Resolved an issue where checkpoint saves would fail to trigger in POSTAL and Impossible difficulty.
* Resolved an issue causing exploded cars and barrels to lose intractability.
* Resolved an issue where police and certain other pawns would "speedwalk" to their destination instead of running.
* ATMs now remember if they are broken into, and cannot be broken into repeatedly during the same day.
* Police will now arrest you if they see you breaking into an ATM.
* Resolved an issue where Rednecks would not notice the Dude dressed as the Gimp in the Brewery on POSTAL and Impossible difficulty.
* Resolved an issue where pawns in Apocalypse Weekend would receive the wrong randomized accessories.
* Reduced recoil on MP5 and Glock.
* Matches will no longer block doors from opening or closing.
* Resolved an issue where bystanders could get stuck in a T-pose in an open door.
* Fixed the position of the clipboard in the Dude's hand when looking in a mirror.
* Fixed the "double-shot" glitch that caused a weapon to fire twice in rapid succession when switching to it.
* Resolved an issue where unprintable characters entered into the console would literally be unprintable, leading to confusion when entering console commands.
* Balanced the damage of all Anthrax-based weapons
* Fixed a glitch where the player could obtain additional stored health items after winning at least one in the Chompy game cartridge for Bass Sniffer Radar.
* Resolved an issue where zombies would continue to "walk" despite losing one or both legs.
* Fixed crouch-walking animations for various weapons.
* Fixed aspect ratio for pre-rendered (RoQ) videos.
* The Enhanced Game "hands" weapon can be charged to throw objects a longer distance.
* When viewing rockets with the Rocket Camera item, you can now detonate them by pressing your Use Item button.
* Added new cheat: "CatNado" - adds AW test cats to your inventory.
* Made it easier for explodable cars and barrels to be triggered with fire and gasoline.
* Toned down the intensity of the AW head wound effects.
* Improved the chance for the Enhanced Game knuckle dusters' special effect to activate.
* The suicide grenade has a new effect in the Enhanced Game.
* Thrown or kicked heads will break windows now.
* The "Whatchutalkinbout" and "KrotchatizeMe" cheats will no longer cause the spawned Garys or Krotchys to carry errand specific items.
* Added a new Enhanced Game effect for the Baseball Bat's alt-fire.
* Clarified the conditions for unlocking the secret option in the Options menu.
* Glock and MP5 weapon firing mode now displayed next to ammo count, instead of off in a corner somewhere.
* The cheats GameSpeed, MightyFoot, SuperMario, SonicBoom, and MoonMan now persist between map changes.
* Restored the old AWP cheats, CopKilla and Charismatic.
* NPCs will now properly utilize the MP5 in burst fire mode.
* Scissors will once again damage pawns at close range.
* Disabled bystander fists once again... they were causing too many problems to release as part of the main game. Look for a Workshop item to enable them if you're willing to deal with the issues they cause
POSTAL 2 Complete: Gameplay
* Reinstated a Redneck line that did not play correctly.
* Meat World
* Fixed an issue with the cinematics.
* Fixed an unreachable machete.
* Added a missing static mesh.
* West Mall
* Fixed pawns getting stuck in arcade machines.
* Greenbelt 2
* Fixed the bums in the millhouse being armed with baton ammo instead of an actual baton.
* Fixed a bystander spawning directly into a car that appears only on Friday.
* Suburbs 1
* Fixed pawns spawning under the map.
* Improved variety of Dude commentary.
* Tora Bora
* The soldiers you rescue in this map are actual semi-useful allies now!
* Tweaked the boss fight at the end of the map.
* Elephant Preserve
* The Dude is now healed to full at the end of this mission.
* Military Base Part 4
* Removed the exit that returns to Part 3, preventing the player from being forced to redo the previous map.
* The AW final boss is now immune to Anthrax damage.
POSTed: POSTAL 2 Development Kit
* POSTed is now its own Tool, under Library --> Tools. It includes a self-contained installation of POSTAL 2 Complete, perfect for creating and testing new content without the risk of breaking your base installation. The UCC command-line tool is also part of this package.
* POSTed also includes a specialized testing map, TestMap.fuk, which can be used for easily testing any custom content you create.
* Several actors received all-new icons to better illustrate their purposes.
* Included a new set of developer placeholder textures, allowing you to easily plan out the BSP of your map. Includes a reference panel for the Dude's default movement abilities.
* The viewport right-click popup menu contains several new options:
"Toggle Paths" - toggles AI path display in all viewports.
"Actor Properties (New Window)" - Opens up an independent Actor Properties window. You can open any number of these windows, allowing you to visually compare properties between two or more actors.
"Edit --> Copy as Script" - Copies all highlighted actors to the clipboard as UnrealScript, allowing you to easily modify stock maps via P2GameMods. See the Steam Guide on "Modifying Stock Maps Using Copy As Script" for more details.
"Static Mesh" - You can smooth or unsmooth static meshes from the right-click menu.
"Select --> Actors of this Class" - Instead of selecting all actors of a specific class, you can now choose to select actors of a subclass, or a root non-Actor class. For example, if you have a MeatProtestor selected, you can select all actors of class MeatProtestor, Protestor, or all Pawns in the map.
* Several new top-row toolbar icons allow you to place the most commonly-used Actors without needing to go through the messy Actor Class Browser tree. Note that these buttons do not dynamically adjust to custom content; if you create any new actors you will have to place them the "old" way, by finding them in the Actor class Browser.
* Viewports now have several clickable buttons for toggling terrain, static mesh, etc. display.
* Holding the middle mouse button now lets you rotate the selected actor(s) in the 3D viewport. Holding CTRL and the middle mouse button allow you to pitch and roll the selected actor(s).
* Scripted Actions are now split into categories with plain English names when adding a new scripted action.
* The Checkpoint actor now defaults to using the Checkpoint save slot.
* Several new hotkeys have been added, and some have been moved. For further details, see the "POSTed Hotkeys Quick Reference" Steam Guide.
* DrawScale and DrawScale3D can be easily adjusted for the highlighted actor(s) with text boxes at the bottom of the editor.
* Added several useful actors and Scripted Actions for level designers.
* Actor placement no longer fails due to collision. This fixes the exceedingly-common issue where right click --> Add Actor would appear to fail for no good reason.
* The Radius Actors view now displays sound radius for ambient sounds.
* Resolved an issue causing the Terrain, Surface, and other dialog boxes to appear broken on Windows 7 and newer operating systems.
* Textures can now be defined as bTwoSided. You no longer need to create a FinalBlend or Shader specifically for this purpose.
* Terrain DecoLayers now have the RandomYaw feature enabled.
* Right-clicking in the Static Mesh, Texture, etc. browsers now gives the option to copy the object's name to the clipboard. If a menu does not appear (Sound/Animation Browser) then the name is copied to the clipboard automatically.
* Several actor defaults have been set to proper values, to make your life easier as a level designer.
* Added pre-defined fire and smoke emitters (FireEmitterMap, SmokeEmitterMap).
* Added the Load All option to the Sound Browser.
* Implemented right-click menu in Matinee Action editor.
* Viewports are properly refreshed while working in Matinee editor.
* Added "Add Interp Point + Action" button in Matinee Tools.
* New feature for DayBlockers, where instead of being added on a specified day, it is removed.
* Resolved an issue where an Emitter set as AutoDestroy would, in fact, destroy itself if real-time preview mode was turned on.
* Added "FollowPlayerController" as a possible Controller class. Pawns with this controller will attempt to follow and protect the Dude. The pawn should also be set to bPlayerIsFriend and have a reasonably high friend damage threshold. To celebrate the launch of Steam Workshop, POSTAL 2 is now 70% off on Steam! Sale ends May 17th.